Subject: Re: pkg checksum [was: Re: pkgsrc reorg II [was: Re: port2pkg and new FreeBSD port layout]]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Dominik Rothert <dr@astorit.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2000 19:38:11
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> This has nothing to do with a pkgsrc reorg (see Subject:),

It is a major improvement, exactly as the pkgsrc reorg is.

> and can only keep it from happening, esp. as that PR doesn't contain any
> valuable data on how to implement the checksumming.

I expected this to be discussed on tech-pkg. AFAIK only
pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk needs to be modified in order to invoke
sha1 (which can be implemented easily - I volunteer for this job ;-)
instead of /{sbin,bin,usr/bin}/md5.

- Dominik

--
/*  Dominik Rothert         |           dr@astorit.com  *