Subject: Re: pkg checksum [was: Re: pkgsrc reorg II [was: Re: port2pkg and new FreeBSD port layout]]
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Dominik Rothert <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2000 19:38:11
Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:

> This has nothing to do with a pkgsrc reorg (see Subject:),

It is a major improvement, exactly as the pkgsrc reorg is.
> and can only keep it from happening, esp. as that PR doesn't contain any
> valuable data on how to implement the checksumming.

I expected this to be discussed on tech-pkg. AFAIK only
pkgsrc/mk/ needs to be modified in order to invoke
sha1 (which can be implemented easily - I volunteer for this job ;-)
instead of /{sbin,bin,usr/bin}/md5.

- Dominik

/*  Dominik Rothert         |   *
 *  A S T O R I T           |  *
 *  Hohenzollernring 52     |       fon +49-221-251440  *
 *  50672 Cologne, Germany  |       fax +49-221-251443  */:wq!