Subject: Re: how to handle 2 CD's of binary pkgs.
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2000 21:40:24
On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, David Maxwell wrote:
> > fetch-list? Maybe look at the subject: ...
>
> Umm, right :-p
>
> Take the functionality from fetch-list to generate a list of all the
> distfiles the install requires, including dependancies, and order
> them to allow efficient copying.
>
> Better? ;-)

Um... not really. You need to look at pkg versions (which can be
wildcards), not distfile names. Distfiles are only good for turning them
into binary packages. Rearranging binary pkgs into some proper order for
what Dan wants is something different.

For this you need to know which pkgs require a given pkg, a mapping that
is only stored in the other way in DEPENDS lines. I guess a solution would
involve some sort of "make run-depends-list" for all pkgs, then see whatn
you can do from there.

I found pkgtools/pkgdep an interresting tool to get an idea on these sort
of dependencies...

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>