Subject: Re: Package install problem (via FTP), NetBSD 1.5
To: Hubert Feyrer , David Brownlee <>
From: Alistair Crooks <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/2000 04:25:24
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:59:43 +0100 (MET), Hubert Feyrer wrote:

>  On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, David Brownlee wrote:
>  > 	Would it be worth updating the required version of pkg_install
>  > 	in pkgsrc?
>  Definitely not.
>   - Hubert
>  --
>  Hubert Feyrer <>

Actually, I think it would be a good idea. Definitely. If it fixes a known
bug, then it should be updated.

The current value of PKGTOOLS_REQD would seem to be 20000202.

Bumping it now would give us support for IPv6 (albeit through Luke's ftp
client), and include a buffer overflow bug fix, as well as the timeout fixes
which seem to have been made to the pkg_install package today.

I can see no reason to keep the required version down level.

I'll look into doing it later on today.

Alistair Crooks (

Send a cool gift with your E-Card