Subject: Re: libXext.so.6 not found error
To: None <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2000 23:45:57
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, it was written:
> I get complaints on a few programs (pcemu included) which are from
> unable to find /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 which does exist. How
> am I supposed to resolve this? I'm running -current and thought
> that libraries would be automagically found after a build of
> a package.

Please give exact version of the pkgs that have trouble.
I have built pcemu 1.01a, and it works on 1.5/i386.

In general, a shared library that's not found hints at the package not
using -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib (or whatever dir) to tell it where to find the
libs at runtime (in contrast to -L which is for link-time).

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>