Subject: gv problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/07/2000 09:54:03
I couldn't get gv to work. Finally I figured out that the error message
was saying "couldn't find gsx11" and that was the command that was
intended to run. I put in a symlink from /usr/X11R6/bin/gs to
/usr/X11R6/bin/gsx11 and it worked fine after that.

I don't know where the problem has been introduced, whether the new
ghostscript dropped the gsx11 link, or if the gv needs update instead.
However, there needs to be a fix somewhere so that gv works out of
the box. I recompiled/pkg_deleted a bunch of times over the last
few weeks trying to get it to work.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net