Subject: Re: Nethack - x11tiles
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2000 23:08:34
On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Antti Kantee wrote:

# AFAIK nethack-x11 doesn't have pretty graphics, it's just the ascii
# version but with x11 windows popping in and out all the time. IMHO it's
# pretty annoying to play and I prefer a simple xterm-based solution.

No, it's got the tiles capability.  AND, FWIW, I think the dialogs and the
extra space afforded by an X11 setup is far superior to repeatedly answering
"--More--" with a space bar.

But that's just me.

The trick is getting the x11 tiles properly set up.  I had to do that
manually as well.

# If you want ``pretty'' graphics, try nethack-qt.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Stop, Drop, and Load