Subject: Re: afterstep fails, and others too
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: jeff <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2000 00:29:54
> It doesn't sound like a problem with pkgsrc, as such. The worst that
> can happen is "make" would loop and eat up a lot of cpu time. When you
> say "froze solid", do you mean that you can't even kill the X server
> with Ctl-Alt-Bksp? (But I'm not sure that would even work on macppc.)
> Frederick

Yep.  Froze solid...Ctrl-Alt-Bksp does work, usually.  On macppc, that
is.  But it didn't work during my afterstep install.

BTW right now I'm installing mozilla (thanks for porting this to macppc
netbsd :) and it has been 'make'ing for about an hour.  Probably thirty
dependencies had to ber installed, and it's working very well.  It just
seems like a lot of the graphics and x stuff won't make.  Like
gets to 'validating dependencies' and then spews out "error 1" ad

I hope the extra info helps.
Thanks again,