Subject: Remove REQ-Files?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/23/2000 15:02:01
Hi!

I was just trying to find out what REQ files are good for, and didn't
find a reason. Perhaps someone else can enlighten me?

Currently, we have four REQ files in the pkgsrc tree:

editors/nvi-m17n/pkg/REQ
	This one is actually a MESSAGE (resp. could be easily made
	into one).

mail/majordomo/pkg/REQ
misc/jitterbug/pkg/REQ
	These two can be replaced by INSTALL files (compare
	sysutils/amanda/pkg/INSTALL).

security/openssh/pkg/REQ
	This one probably can probably be merged into the INSTALL
	file.

So, any reasons for still keeping REQ files around?

I'm willing to change those four files, and remove the
then-superfluous code from bsd.pkg.mk.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.