Subject: Re: KDE2 snapshot
To: Nick Hudson <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/23/2000 13:40:46
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> > It includes a libtool-ml-20001116 package...
> I was interested to see that things like libkcm_energy got built... Do
> you have a build log for this I could have a look at?

No, and after I made a 'make clean' in all dirs and rebuilt everything
starting with libtool-ml and qt2*, i had to discover it bombs out in
kdebase because it wants a --tag. I'll have to investigate more, i

> Some of the PLIST stuff I think is wrong. For example
> @dirrm share/kde/icons/hicolor
> and the like should only appear in kdelibs

Yah, print-PLIST isn't good at sorting these things out.

> > I'll nuke all the pkgs again and do a clean build now, then see if I got
> > the same desktop again. One thing that still needs to be done is make sure
> > that qt2-libs(?) gets compiled with GIF support, else the Konqueror web
> > browser isn't worth much.
> Yeah I did this - why is it controlled by the USE_GIF variable? Can't
> libungif be used without license problems? I'll have a look around to
> see if I can work this out, but if anyones knows...

I have no clue on that front. :>

 - Hubert

Hubert Feyrer <>