Subject: Re: 1.5/i386 pkg set revisited
To: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/21/2000 08:55:39
"Paul (NCC/CS)" wrote:

> This is fantastic news. Do you mean that if I unpack the gnome
> binary package and take the freetype-lib dependency out of the
> makefile, that it will then install no problem??? Will this work?

  It should.  I'm running gv-3.5.8 together with freetype-lib-1.3.1 and
gnome-core-1.2.3 (and all of its dependencies) without problems.

> Also I couldn't find the directory " .../NetBSD-1.5/source" on any
> server. Could you say again the full path of where I could get this old
> pkgsrc file please? I hope to get it installed using the binary package

  Since NetBSD-1.5 is not out yet, I don't believe that there is an
1.5-specific pkgsrc available.  However, you can use anoncvs (instead of
ftp) to checkout the corresponding version (just make sure you have the
'cvs' package installed):

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot login

  Enter 'anoncvs' at the password prompt, then

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot checkout -r
netbsd-1-5-RELEASE pkgsrc

  (sorry for my mailer breaking this up: each 'cvs' line should be a
single line).  This should give you a new 'pkgsrc' directory in your
current directory.  Make sure, however, that you move away any old
'pkgsrc' there, or this will fail!

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene