Subject: Re: keeping KDE v1 and v2 in parallel?
To: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2000 11:07:56
On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> I can co-ordinate things until we are in a position to commit.

OK.

> Saying that I guess the only thing from stopping us importing is
> libtool-1.4anb1. I done quite a bit of testing on it, but I can't say
> I've tested all packages or any platform other than i386/1.5_BETA. Is
> there a bulk build environment available now?

I've started it again last night, and it'll probably be busy for a day or
two. After that the machine will keep on running 1.5, and i'll head for
pkgsrc-current.

And just a data point, in fact I didn't mention it: I'm running
libtool-ml-20001116 here, and KDE seems to work (more or less... t just
hung after being stable for a couple of hours, and after rebooting the
machine I don't have a pager or clock in the panel. BTW, how does one
restart this - kpanel is gone... :/)

I shall try to send you the modifications I have (mostly PLISTS, and some
patches to get ksusguardd compiled (first cut, needs some work); you
already got the mkdir-patch that was a real show stopper). I need some
sleep first, though.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>