Subject: Re: README, Package developers!
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/16/2000 20:44:22
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I've just committed code to bsd.pkg.mk to run some extra sanity checks
> that pkglint can hardly find:
>
>  * make sure patches apply with zero fuzz
>  * run check-shlibs to see that all binaries will find their libs
>
> Everyone developing packages, please add
>
> 	PKG_DEVELOPER=yes
>
> to their /etc/mk.conf file to enable these extra checks. Thanks!

	If all patches in the tree now have zero fuzz, would it make
	sense to enable the -F0 by default? When upgrading a package
	developers would need to run 'make patch PATCH_FUZZ_FACTOR='
	in order to get fuzzy patches to apply, but that is just an
	extra reminder that they need to be regenerated :)

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --