Subject: Re: patch fail
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2000 16:36:12
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Mutt made me believe that Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
> > Hi,
> > does anyone know what I should do in response to this please:
> [...]
> > Patch /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gnome-libs/patches/patch-aa failed
> [...]
> `make clean' and try again.
> I just tried it here, and all patches applied cleanly.
> Bye,
>  Thomas

I tried make clean's (a few of them in libs and meta pkg for gnome)
and it still failed. Then I realised I had the pkgsrc tree from the US
and the distfiles from the rmit mirror in Aus. So I deleted the tree
and reinstalled a new one from the mirror. Then it worked.
Exactly why I don't know but perhaps : "mirrors ain't mirrors."

> --
> Thomas Klausner -
> I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.
>  -- M.C. Escher (1898-1972)

Paul  (
National Climate Centre
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology