Subject: Re: Sub package proposal
To: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2000 06:38:15
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, TAKEMURA Shin wrote:
> I can't agree with you more. Yes, I've known that is better than
> my proposal, however, I'm afraid that it's too hard for us to do.
> I want to know how are maintainers feeling about that. I don't
> persist in my proposal.

For as much as I'm maintaining bsd.pkg.mk, all I have to say is said. ;)

If others agree, would you want to work on integrating this?
You can be sure it'd be appreciated! :-)

> BTW, how did it go about too many I-nodes issue? It might be nice
> to concatenate all of pkg/ files into one file like RPM's spec file.

Uh, I haven't seen any serious proposal for a "one file approach", not
that I'd think that's much good. My "small (first) step" proposal is still
up, I just lack time (got suckered into the 1.5 release process ;).

Asami mentioned some script that he used to reorg the FreeBSD tree, but I
didn't get an answer on my inquiry for that script (yet).

Then again, this issue is really seperate to the subpackage/etc. thing. :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>