Subject: Re: changing 'install-depends' output
To: None <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: None <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/13/2000 23:51:27
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> Personally, I'd prefer to keep the original package name in there, as it
> makes it easier to see at a glance what's going on, especially reviewing log
> files or scrollback.

Well, if you want to know what pkg was built, then this should be done
everywhere, and in a different place. Doing this in one target only sure
isn't TRT here.

I'm not sure where to put the s/^/${PKGNAME}/ for a full build,
though.

> I also don't like the stealth transition from "not" to "NOT". There's no
> need to shout with these things.

The intention here was to make it a bit clearer if a dependecny cannot be
met. I guess that can be reverted.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>