Subject: Re: How do I specify a directory tree for installing one package
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/2000 11:57:36
>I wanted to update my copy of bind8. However, the make-reinstall put
>named and associated things in /usr/local/sbin and so on because I
>have LOCALBASE=/usr/local in mk.conf. How do I tell make-reinstall to
>put them in /usr/sbin and to get rid of the old ones? I didn't see
>this in the documentation, but could have missed it.

	if you are in hurry updating /usr/sbin/named and such,
	i'd suggest you to do the following.
	1. checkout src/dist/bind and src/usr.sbin/bind for NetBSD-current
	   from anoncvs.  (you may need some more items, like Makefile.inc)
	2. do a "make dependall" under src/usr.sbin/bind
	3. do a "make install" under src/usr.sbin/bind

itojun