Subject: Re: Problem with misc/dialog
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2000 17:08:09
Mutt made me believe that Ruibiao Qiu wrote:
> I have a cron entry updating the pkgsrc tree everyt morning.  As I
> double checked just now, I have the patches you mentioned.  I see
> those patches, but I didnt see where HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES is
> defined, neither as -DHAVE_TRUE_NCURSES nor as defined in
> Makefile.  patch-aa adds "ifeq ...", patch-ac adds "#if defined
> ..."  Am I missing something here?

In my misc/dialog/Makefile (v1.7):
[...]
.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"

.if defined(NEED_NCURSES) && ${NEED_NCURSES} == "YES"
MAKE_ENV+=      HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES=true
.endif

.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

So, HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES should only be defined if you _have to_  use
ncurses, because the in-tree curses aren't good enough -- on 1.5_ALPHA
you are in the happy position to not depend on ncurses, at least for
this package, so it shouldn't be defined; also, this should happen
automatically, without having to add any lines by hand.

You won't see HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES in the compilation steps though,
because it's added in the make environment, not on the command line.

For your reference, these are the bsd.p*.mk I currently have:
     $NetBSD: bsd.prefs.mk,v 1.19 2000/11/02 03:01:40 wiz Exp $
     $NetBSD: bsd.pkg.mk,v 1.597 2000/11/02 12:17:03 mjl Exp $

Does that help?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.