Subject: Re: Problem with misc/dialog
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2000 10:00:53
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Thomas Klausner wrote:

>Mutt made me believe that Ruibiao Qiu wrote:
>> I am on 1.5_ALPHA2/i386.  USE_CURSES is not my concern.  All the
>> errors I had is because HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES is not defined in the
>> source files even though I specified it in the Makefile under
>> misc/dialog (See error messages below).  Maybe your system has
>> different n/curse settings. I got ncurses-5.1 installed.
>I've now tried it on a 1.5 system with ncurses-5.1 installed, and I
>get no compilation error.
>Could you please try and update your misc/dialog directory?
>e.g. patches/patch-aa should be at least:
>myprompt> ident patches/patch-aa
>     $NetBSD: patch-aa,v 1.7 2000/10/31 16:26:34 jlam Exp $
>If you look at patch-ac, it adds a HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES check to
>dialog.h; patch-aa also adds some HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES stuff to Makefile.
>Oh, and try updating pkgsrc/mk, too.
>Did you modify any of the files in misc/dialog?

I have a cron entry updating the pkgsrc tree everyt morning.  As I
double checked just now, I have the patches you mentioned.  I see
those patches, but I didnt see where HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES is
defined, neither as -DHAVE_TRUE_NCURSES nor as defined in
Makefile.  patch-aa adds "ifeq ...", patch-ac adds "#if defined
..."  Am I missing something here?

I have the pkgsrc/mk directory last updated on Nov 3.  And I did
make any changes to misc/dialog except
adding "HAVE_TRUE_NCURSES=true" manually in work directory to make
it compile.

   Ruibiao Qiu
   Research Assistant
   Applied Research Laboratory
   Department of Computer Science
   Washington University
   Campus Box 1045
   One Brookings Drive              Tel. (314)935-4163
   St. Louis, MO 63130-4899 USA     Fax  (314)935-7302