Subject: Re: NetBSD WWW feedback from aking@webreference.com
To: andy king <aking@webreference.com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2000 07:46:11
Thus spake andy king
> thought this would be of interest, could speed up the
> Web
>
> HTTP Compression to Speed up the Web
>
> mod_gzip is now available for Apache! This free open
> source server module
> acts as an Internet content accelerator and seamlessly
> speeds up your
> site. This article gives an overview of HTTP
> compression, mod_gzip
> test results, and where you can download the code, by
> Remote
> Communications' CEO Peter Cranstone.
>
> http://webreference.com/internet/software/servers/http/c
> ompression/
>
> can u link to this article from your site?

While this looks interesting, I'm not sure that it is really NetBSD related.
There is no place on our current site for unrelated but interesting links.
I am, however, copying our package people in case someone wants to add the
module to our package system.

One thing I wonder though is whether you really meant "public domain" in
that article and not one of the more common open source licenses such as
the BSD or the Apache one.  I noticed an Apache copyright in the sample
configuration file.