Subject: Re: How do I find out who is responsible for a package?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/06/2000 10:45:03
> > It would be grand if there was an easy way someone could identify who
> > is the master of a package. This kind of info should be in the
> > README.html in a package's directory.
>
> I agree this should be part of the README.html...

[ my diffs clipped ]

I sent a send-pr about this. But now I have second thoughts. I am not sure
if the maintainer should be easily identified: 1) the maintainer probably
doesn't have time to answer common questions; 2) if it is a problem
report, then it should be properly archived via the GNATS bug/send-pr
system.

(On a side note, I notice that improper html is used and, as far as I can
tell, useless TABLE and TR and TD tags. In fact, these improperly used
tags make the layout under links looks bad. Any thoughts? Should I submit
a problem report?)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/