Subject: Re: just noticed...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2000 22:38:24
This is a tough nut to crack.
On other UNIX systems I have had to use granular control with perl,
what I mean is I could easily swap out the intrepreter and all of it's
supporting libs with no problem. Perl has (wonderfully IMO) always been
backwards compatible in my situations, however, the one area I dare not touch
has always been modules. Again, because of core backward conmpatability,
I had to leave modules untouched because they would work.

I do recall an instance (not the exact one) when I did have to completely
revamp perl, but only once and that was several years ago.

So I think the answer might be, what exactly is in the archive?
If it is just the interpreter and it's own libs, it should be okay
to nuke the old version, otherwise, there might be issues.

--
Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>