Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Nick Hudson , Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <AlistairCrooks@excite.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2000 07:14:10
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:50:50 -0800 (PST), Nick Hudson wrote:

>  On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:54:59 +0100 (MET), Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
>  >  On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:
>  >  > My logic is that qt2-{designer,docs} both depend on qt2-libs and
should
>  >  > get their base directory from qt2-libs. This is in fact the same for
>  the
>  >  > base qt2 pkg. If anything shouldn't the qt2 package be changed?
>  >
>  >  qt2 *was* changed to match the base dir or qt2-libs etc.
>
>  I mean changed to use an EVAL_PREFIX construct and not USE_X11BASE=yes.
Or
>  have I got the intended use of EVAL_PREFIX wrong?
>
>  Nick
>  --
>  aka skrll@netbsd.org, nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk

I believe that you (Nick) have got the intended use of EVAL_PREFIX exactly
right - to find out the prefix of the pre-requisite installed package, and
to use that when configuring and/or building another package. It should not
matter where the pre-requisite package is installed - it should just be
found and used, no matter what the PREFIX, X11PREFIX or X11BASE of the
current package is.

At least that's what I intended EVAL_PREFIX to be, and I implemented it (but
I'd like to ask for the judge's leniency, as I have seven other offences I'd
like taken into consideration).

Regards,
Al

--