Subject: Sub package proposal
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2000 19:24:24
Hi

I've wrote new pkg_* commands for my proposal.
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2000/10/21/0002.html)
Of course, I'd considered some comments in this ML. Thank
you for your informative comments. But I've omitted subpackage
dependency issue...

I've changed from my proposal in these poins:
  - pkg_add command line usage
	pkg_add foo-1.0.tgz +man -> pkg_add -s man foo-1.0.tgz
  - enhance @if directive
	you can use !, &&, || and () at condition expression.
  - subpackage names
	core ext dev sample man doc
	-> core runtime ext dev example man doc
	runtime subpackage should contain shared objects.

Please try:
http://www02.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ca2/takemura/tmp/pkg_install/

pkg_install.20001029.src.tgz
	source code tarball
pkg_install.20001029.bin.tgz
	binary executive(./usr/sbin/pkg_*)
pkg_install.20001029.patch
	diffs against current cvs
foo.tgz, bar.tgz
	very simple packages for testing
	They have two subpackages, core and man.
	The foo depends on bar.

example:
	pkg_add -v foo.tgz
	-> all files will be installed

	export PKG_DEFAULT_SUBPKGS='core'
	pkg_add -v -s man foo.tgz
	-> foo-core, foo-man and bar-core will be installed

	export PKG_DEFAULT_SUBPKGS='core man'
	pkg_add -v -s -man foo.tgz
	-> foo-core, bar-core and bar-man will be installed

Takemura