Subject: Re: devel/libtool and Re: KDE 2 is out
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Nick Hudson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2000 05:28:36
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:14:51 +0200 (MET DST), Hubert Feyrer wrote:

>  On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:
>  > >  What changes to
>  >
>  > Add a definition of CXX when HAS_CONFIGURE is defined, e.g.

>  So just adding for CXX what's already there for CC? Makes sense to me!

>  > BTW, what does the ac_cv_path_CC definition do? The configure script I
>  > looked though only refers to an ac_cv_prog_CC variable... anyway.
>  Um... no idea, sorry. Did I do this? :->

Don't know who did it... I just thought you might know or someone reading
this thread might pipe up with some ideas.

>  BTW, are your KDE2 pkgs available somewhere? I'm dying to see KDE2, but
>  when compiling at home things didn't work out too well (duplicate defined
>  function, etc.), and I don't really feel like diving into that code,
>  esp. when I know you already did it.

I'll make them available tonight if I can.

>  > ps. Are you still running bulk builds or have you stopped now the
freeze is
>  > over?
>  They're currently stopped. I'm waiting for 1.5 to get finally out so I
>  do another full run, without having to downgrade my pkgsrc first. Maybe I
>  shouldn't wait and do a full build with pkgsrc-current when 1.5 is
>  out...

I understand the problem.

ps. Sorry about the mails yesterday - Excite wasn't playing ball.

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK