Subject: Re: Star Office sources now available as GPLed source
To: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/2000 12:42:11
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Nick Hudson wrote:

: Why PTL2? I thought most effort was going into unproven-pthreads.

I can try it with unproven, as well--you probably caught my pkgsrc-to-brain
lag, as I haven't been fiddling with the userland threading libraries in
several months.  All this is speculation at this point; I'm working on the
bootstrapping tools first.

: >  However, it looks at this point as though gcc 2.95.2 will
: > be needed after all (there's some rather complex C++ templates being used),
: > and I may have to package that first.
:
: lang/gcc is 2.95.2.

What I meant was that I need to get off my butt and transform lang/gcc to
use a direct source snapshot of src/gnu/dist/toolchain, as I've been
promising.  That method is a little easier to work with than all those
patch-* files (especially for multiple platforms).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/