Subject: Re: Star Office sources now available as GPLed source
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/2000 11:26:33
: > :
: ...
: > FYI, I was working on this today and hope to have a working pkg in-tree
: > tomorrow.
: Including JDK 1.2.2?

I'm first evaluating the buildability of a native system using the Linux JDK
1.2/1.3 as a bootstrap[*].  The JVM embedded into OpenOffice is inside the
OpenOffice sources, and uses a completely abstracted thread system that may
work with PTL2.  However, it looks at this point as though gcc 2.95.2 will
be needed after all (there's some rather complex C++ templates being used),
and I may have to package that first.

Note that I am considering packaging the linux binaries first, to make the
build-605 release runnable on i386.  But this is only a stopgap.

[*] I'll have the Linux jdk 1.2.2 and 1.3-rc1 packaged today, for certain.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *