Subject: Re: xpkgwedge proposal
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/15/2000 23:45:57
On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

: 	Now that the pkgsrc freeze is over, I'd like to propose some
: changes to xpkgwedge.  I suspect this is a widely used packages, so
: I'm soliciting feedback on my proposed changes.

Heh, I'm the goon originally responsible for that magical hack, so....

: 	For the past several weeks, I've using a local xpkgwedge
: package with the changes listed below.  I've rebuilt all of my pkgsrc
: with and without the new xpkgwedge installed, so the changes are
: stable and they work.

I don't have the time to do much more than glance over it, but it looked OK
to me.  I particularly appreciate the concept that this can stay hands-off
to real hand-installed applications, and probably should have done it that
way in the first place.

Since this was the last remaining unfinished goal of xpkgwedge, I suggest
naming it `1.0' once it has been tested and approved by several people
(particularly on systems that were already using the old xpkgwedge and pkgs
installed by it).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/