Subject: re: Mozilla Milestone 18
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/2000 16:45:22
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  24576 Dec 16  1999 /usr/X11R6/bin/xgettext
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  69632 Oct 14 00:59 /usr/pkg/bin/xgettext

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> If it belongs to a package, "pkg_info -F /usr/X11R6/bin/xgettext" may
> show you which one.

It shows xview-lib-3.2.1. But xview-lib's PLIST doesn't show it.

> If the misfit xgettext belongs to a package, we should fix it;

My mission to build Mozilla M18 is taking forever. In my attempt to look
further at xview-lib, I did a 'make update' and received:

rainier:/usr/pkg/pkgsrc/x11/xview-lib$ make update
===> Deinstalling for xview-lib-3.2.1nb1
Running PKG_DBDIR=/var/db/pkg /usr/sbin/pkg_delete -r xview-lib-3.2.1
===> Configuring for xview-lib-3.2.1nb1
env: /usr/X11R6/bin/xvmkmf: No such file or directory
*** Error code 127


I think this was a typo in the Makefile; I changed mine to "xmkmf" instead
of "xvmkmf". Then I also changed this is xview-clients. (As far as I can
tell it built correctly, after changing xvmkmf to xmkmf.)

/usr/X11R6/bin/xgettext disappeared after the pkg_delete xview-lib and
when the 'make update' completed it was still gone. So I guess it is no
longer part of the newer xview-lib package.

But now back to building Mozilla. Here are my next errors (from 'make' in 

gmake[2]: Entering directory
rm -f
c++ -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wshadow -pedantic
 -Dunix -O  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla -shared -o     nsXPComInit.o    -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla
-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib
-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib
-Wl,--whole-archive ../../dist/lib/libxpcomds_s.a ../../dist/lib/libxpcomio_s.a
../../dist/lib/libxpcomcomponents_s.a ../../dist/lib/libxpcomthreads_s.a
../../dist/lib/libxpcomproxy_s.a ../../dist/lib/libxpcombase_s.a
../../dist/lib/libxptcall.a ../.
./dist/lib/libxptinfo.a ../../dist/lib/libxpt.a ../../dist/lib/libxptcmd.a
/dist/lib/libmozreg_s.a  -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -L../../dist/bin -lplds4
-lplc4  -lnspr4  -lintl -lutil -lm    
/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_fixunsxfsi.o): Definition of symbol `___fixunsxfsi'
(multiply defined)
/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_floatdixf.o): Definition of symbol `___floatdixf'
(multiply defined)
/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_fixxfdi.o): Definition of symbol `___fixxfdi' (multiply
/usr/lib/libgcc.a(_pure.o): Definition of symbol `___pure_virtual'
(multiply defined)

** then several screens more of this "multiply defined" message **

/usr/lib/libgcc.a(frame.o): Definition of symbol
(multiply defined)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
gmake: *** [install] Error 2
*** Error code 2


Soon I'll figure this Mozilla out. Thanks again for all the help...

   Jeremy C. Reed