Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg
To: None <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2000 10:32:07
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 wrote:

> this is true.  What I'm talking about is the case where we have 35
> patches, they get submitted to the program author who likes 27 of them,
> decides the others are not ok and so next time around the pkg maintainer
> has to identify what was incorporated and what not.  I for one always go
> through each of the patches 1 by 1 to see if they still are needed and at
> least for me its a pain if I have to dig through 1 giant patch file to
> pull out whats still needed.

	I agree checking them by hand is easier if they are in separate
	files, but we should be able to come up with a simple script that
	can automatically split up the patchfile into separate files in
	work/XXX, then test each patch to see if it would apply cleanly,
	and then split them into a list 'good' and 'bad' patches.
	That should be easier still :)

			       -- A pmap for every occasion --