Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2000 14:09:09
[ On Friday, October 6, 2000 at 07:13:04 (-0400), wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg
> this is true.  What I'm talking about is the case where we have 35
> patches, they get submitted to the program author who likes 27 of them,
> decides the others are not ok and so next time around the pkg maintainer
> has to identify what was incorporated and what not.  I for one always go
> through each of the patches 1 by 1 to see if they still are needed and at
> least for me its a pain if I have to dig through 1 giant patch file to
> pull out whats still needed.

Once again CVS is your friend.  The result of a successful merge will be
just those changes that need to be maintained locally -- all patches
accepted by the vendor will be eliminated "automatically".

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>