Subject: Re: Makefile style?
To: None <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/27/2000 18:13:09
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> >  Here is a list of Makefiles which have if-statements after including
> >  Some of them depends on valiables defined in
> >  (NEED_NCURSES, e.g.) and they cannot be easily converted.
> >  But most of them doesn't seem to need ifs after inclusion of

> >  cross/binutils/Makefile

The '.if defined(EXTRACT_USING_PAX)' could probably go above The preceding '!=' clause is probably after
so it won't be evaluated multiple times with recursive make's. I think
the preferred way goes something like...

assumming  that it works.

> >  www/lynx-current/Makefile
> >  www/lynx/Makefile

This needs to be the way it is. SSLBASE is set in depending
on a certain particular about the build system--it's not a user preference.