Subject: [ Re: Linux emulation (uname)]
To: None <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/26/2000 15:48:36
[ Erf.  Sorry about the bogus list address, for those who noticed over
  on tech-kern ...
original To: Manuel Bouyer <>
original Cc:,
original Subject: Re: Linux emulation (uname)

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 09:05:58PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Or better, proc.curproc.emul.linux.osrelease (hum, as it's per-proc, maybe
> a proc.curproc.osrelease is enouth). This way we can set it per process.

In this case, it wasn't necessary.  I could easily see it being an
issue, though.

[for tech-packages]
In case anyone's wondering, I'm up to the same point that Ragge (?)
reached where the rpms are looking the packages.rpm(?) for dependancies
on /bin/sh,, etc., and coming up short.  I haven't looked
into that yet, but I think it's caused by not installing the RPMs for
suse_*, but converting them to another format for extraction.