Subject: Killing Repeated Failures
To: None <>
From: Jason R. Fink <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/26/2000 15:29:35
Hey all,

I have what I hope is an easy to answer question.

I am trying to make a package for the elvis editor. I have gotten the package setup in /usr/pkgsrc/elvis with no problems. The problem I am having is when it got to the compiling I hit a snag, an XLIB called 'lipc' again - no sweat, lipc is not required for NetBSD-1.4.2.

I commented it out of the gnu configure script, rearchived it, dumped it on my ftp server and tried again - same failure.

Now, here is the weird part, I got to the sources again (on my test ftp server), run configure; make and no problem.

I even tried rebuilding the pkgsrc/elvis directory.

So I am wondering if there is some other record of the package on the system that has a copy of the bad distribturion archive?

Jason R Fink <> WWWhome <>
"Upon completion of maintenance discard spare parts and leftover screws"