Subject: Re: Firewall packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John Rowan Littell <littell@infocom.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/2000 17:02:50
I'm glad to have started what looks like a usefull discussion.  :)

It sounds like having my efforts merge into something like PocketBSD
or a system that supports optionally-installable subparts would be a
good thing in the long run.  In the short term, what I've done works
pretty well, and with the scripts that I mentioned, others can
duplicate it.  (In addition, doing anything with the package sources,
rather than the precompiled binary package, would require another
computer on my part -- all of my current ones are busy running other
OSs (traitor, I know).)

Given this, would anyone see a problem with me making these packages
available, either on my web site or on the Firewall Project website
(which is non-US)?

As work progresses, I would be willing to serve as a contact for
packages that could work with the Firewall Project.

  --rowan

--
John "Rowan" Littell