Subject: Re: Error when compiling teTeX
To: None <>
From: Geoff Wing <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/14/2000 23:51:30
Frederick Bruckman <> typed:
:On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Michael Neumann wrote:
:> I detected an error during compilation of "/usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX".
:> The package depends on "rx" (GNU's regular expressions),
:> but it is not listed in the dependencies.
:I'm cross-posting this reply to tech-pkg, because this is really a
:package issue. For things like this, it's also a good idea to file a
:PR with "send-pr" so your report isn't forgotton.
:> After installing "rx", it compiles without any error.

Just a note that I built and installed teTeX about a week ago (on i386)
and don't have rx installed.  The only problem I had was that it built
once for "make build" then seemed to build again for "make install".
Where is rx needed?

Geoff Wing : <>     Work URL:
Rxvt Stuff : <>      Ego URL :
Zsh Stuff  : <>       Phone   : (Australia) 0413 431 874