Subject: Re: FETCH_DEPENDS replacement?
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2000 17:16:44
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Jim Wise wrote:

: I have this working fine.  However, as an HTTP POST is necessary to make
: this work, the `urlget' package is needed to download swing.
:
: IIRC, once upon a time, this could have been specified by putting
:
: 	FETCH_DEPENDS+=	urlget:../../www/urlget
:
: in the package Makefile.  This is no longer possible.

This is beacuse fetch-based auto-building of packages was Very Bad, and that
anything that was "that special" needed manual fetching.  Remember that
"make fetch" is done recursively to fetch all the distfiles for
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles, for one.

You *could* add a pre-fetch kludge, you will need to do so in some kind of
conditional block that excludes recursive fetching.  I'm personally a bit
frightened about that, though.  :>

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/