Subject: Re: FETCH_DEPENDS replacement?
To: Jim Wise <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2000 17:16:44
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Jim Wise wrote:

: I have this working fine.  However, as an HTTP POST is necessary to make
: this work, the `urlget' package is needed to download swing.
: IIRC, once upon a time, this could have been specified by putting
: 	FETCH_DEPENDS+=	urlget:../../www/urlget
: in the package Makefile.  This is no longer possible.

This is beacuse fetch-based auto-building of packages was Very Bad, and that
anything that was "that special" needed manual fetching.  Remember that
"make fetch" is done recursively to fetch all the distfiles for, for one.

You *could* add a pre-fetch kludge, you will need to do so in some kind of
conditional block that excludes recursive fetching.  I'm personally a bit
frightened about that, though.  :>

-- Todd Vierling <>  *