Subject: hangs on exit in rsync package?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Urban Boquist <boquist@crt.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2000 19:18:54
Is anyone else seeing rsync hang just before it is about to exit? I
use rsync via ssh to backup my laptop to other machines on the local
network and after upgrading to the latest rsync package this has
startened to happen (not every time, but most).

The commit log for pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile contains:

> Update to rsync 2.4.5:
> This version includes the following changes:
> [...]
> - fixed hang on exit due to race in waitpid and io_flush

I wonder if there still is some problem with this? I tried the latest
rsync-2.4.6, but it has the same problem.

        -- Urban