Subject: Re: A proposal to mitigate the restriction on crypto binary packages
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2000 09:19:59
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> <proposal>
> I'm not happy we make this change that late, but I guess it'ss more or
> less needed for the release.

Better now than on the 20th, when the RSA patent was due to expire.

> <openssl>
> > + CRYPTO=			# defined
> Please add an explicit "yes", it's easier to read.

OK. I was trying to match the "style" of openssl/Makefile. Otherwise,
I prefer explicit "yes" myself. I should probably also set
USE_RSAREF2?=yes, and get rid of the warning for when it's not set.
Other than that, the rsaref stuff can be garbage collected after the
release tag.

> What other pkgs are affected?

fredb@handy-> grep -l
"^RESTRICTED=.*[Cr]rypto" /usr/pkgsrc/*/*/Makefile