Subject: libgd and JPEG
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2000 11:06:27
There seems to be a problem with gd and jpeg.  I keep getting this.

/usr/lib/libgd.so.1: Undefined PLT symbol "jpeg_write_scanlines" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 155)

This seems to be related to an upgrade in the jpeg package.  I assume
that the gd people will fix this eventually but in the meantime how
about removing jpeg support in pkgsrc so we don't trip over this
problem.  I find that the following line in the Makefile fixes this
for me.

CPPFLAGS+=  -UHAVE_JPEG

Mind you, I only want PNG functionality anyway so I don't know how
important this is to others but I think it should work out of the box
for NetBSD package users.