Subject: Re: perl modules path
To: None <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2000 22:16:13
On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:42:59PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Comments ?
> I'm all for it!
> Can you please add __PERL5_MAN3DIR etc. to MAKEFLAGS (see and
> for several examples), so that the != assign doesn't run perl
> on each run again.
> Have you started to convert any perl pkgs for that new scheme?

I have one (I hacked a few before getting persuaded this wasn't the rigth
solution :), and 2 new I'll commit after this gets added (if it gets added).

> I asked because I was at that point too (some time ago), but didn't manage
> to find out which file (from Makefile.PL) gets installed into which (perl
> -v:foodir).

Well, I do as for others package: install and see where it goes; then
build a PLIST and install again :)

> I guess this needs a bit of documentation (please update
> Packages.txt as well!):
> ``If your package installs to any of the following dir, please use the
> given varname instead:
> For perl 5.6.0:
>   man/man3:					${PERL5_MAN3DIR}

on 5.5 it's lib/perl5/5.005/man/man3. Did they change it again for 5.6
(it was lib/perl5/man/man3 for 5.004) ?

Manuel Bouyer <>