Subject: Re: mutt package not working...
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@noc.untraceable.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2000 15:45:25
>I am sending you this note using mutt compiled with the standard NetBSD
>-lcurses (not compiled from pkgsrc).. It looks fine to me!

i am responding to you using a mutt compiled with ncurses 4.2, both of
which i built myself.  it looks fine to me too, except when i switch
it to color.  then it doesn't reset the screen as it exits, which i
don't particularly like.

i told this version of mutt to look for ncurses in /usr/local since
that's where i put it.  mutt will not, by default (when built by
itself), find ncurses, except that it thinks it did because initscr is
found in -lncurses because the linker in the configuration process
(under pkgsrc) is told to use /usr/pkg/lib.

the problem, as i see it, is that the preprocessor is *not* told to
use /usr/pkg/include for include files during the configure process.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|