Subject: Re: NO_{SRC,BIN}_ON_{FTP,CDROM}
To: Alistair G. Crooks <>
From: Marc Espie <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2000 11:15:02
On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 02:10:09AM -0700, Alistair G. Crooks wrote:

> Fine, so you'd like us to implement something that a number of us
> consider to be inappropriate because OpenBSD took a decision 6
> months ago to do it that way? And, if we don't use the OpenBSD
> method, because we didn't get to voice our opinions on the matter,
> the NetBSD packages people will be creating gratuitous differences?

<Fallacy detected>

You are completely FREE to monitor our mailing-lists, and source-changes
archives, and cvs repository.

How do you think I know about YOUR additions to ?

You can hardly hold me responsible for you not looking at our mailing-lists,
and not barging in six months ago.

You didn't voice your opinion on the matter. You were perfectly able to do
THAT when we implemented that feature six months ago.
	Marc Espie