Subject: Re: NO_{SRC,BIN}_ON_{FTP,CDROM}
To: Marc Espie <Marc.Espie@liafa.jussieu.fr>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/28/2000 13:08:29
Marc Espie wrote:

> If you don't wish to put explicit licensing information in your ports,
> and default to Yes, that's fine for me.
>
> All I'm asking is that you consider using the same name that we do, for
> information that is exactly the same.

  Hmm, another problem I see here is semantics.  `PERMIT_xxx' are YES/NO
variables, right?  NO_{SRC,BIN}_ON_{FTP,CDROM} causes our package system
to issue a warning at the appropriate stage, giving a short reason as to
why putting SRC/BIN onto FTP/CDROM is not allowed (or what's required to
put it on there), if the corresponding variables are set ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene