Subject: Re: pkg/10630: fvwm95 build stops at patch
To: John Darrow <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2000 12:14:33
[ On Tuesday, July 18, 2000 at 17:18:00 (-0500), John Darrow wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pkg/10630: fvwm95 build stops at patch
> The real problem is that the fvwm95 package is a _mess_.  Both patch-aa and
> patch-ah modify the same file (modules/FvwmAudio/, and in fact
> the same line, the line which patch-ah changes, is first changed into the
> form in question by patch-aa!!  (See below, the LIBS line...)
> (At some point before patch-ah was added, I had locally regenerated patch-aa
> with the same changes that patch-ah applied, and I haven't compiled it since
> patch-ah was added... That's what caused this specific build failure.)

Yet another reason why package patches should always be automatically
generated and kept in *ONE* file.  :-)

This would definitely make it much harder for pkgsrc maintiners to make
mistakes like this.

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>