Subject: Re: openssl 0.9.5a imported in to netbsd-current.
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/2000 15:33:01
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	how should pkgsrc deal with openssl versions?  there are way
> 	too many possibilities, including:
> 	- very old openssl from pkgsrc
> 	- openssl 0.9.4 from pkgsrc
> 	- openssl 0.9.5a from pkgsrc
> 	- openssl 0.9.4 in base tree, without RSA
> 	- openssl 0.9.4 in base tree, with RSA (PATENTEDOPENSSLSRC)
> 	- openssl 0.9.5a in base tree, with RSA

pkgsrc should be brought to the same version as we have in base, and it
should only be used on machines that don't have openssl installed
elsewhere (i.e. 1.4.x systems). Re: RSA: I guess we have to leave it off
now, but be prepared to enable it when the patent expires.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!