Subject: Re: pkgdiff -- tools for easier pkgsrc patch creation and maintenance
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2000 19:42:59
Mutt made be believe that Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > pkgdiff itself takes care of not allowing any RCS tags in the diffs,
> > (which this target doesn't); and patchdiff compares the new set of patches
> > with the old one, which I found easiest to do in Perl.
>
> Hmmm... RCS Ids.... yeah, well I'm not so enamoured with having RCS Ids
> in my patch files in the first place -- I'd rather eliminate that
> practice than jump through hoops to perpetuate it, and in my case I
> wasn't doing this for the official TNF repository anyway!  ;-)

I meant this differently: pkgdiff takes are care that no RCS Ids that
are in the external sources get added to the diff (which would be
changed on the next cvs commit, and then the patch wouldn't apply
cleanly anymore). It also adds the NetBSD RCS tag, of course, but
that's a different matter.

Since only we both are still discussing this, perhaps we should take
our further conversation off-list ;-)

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
I wanted to emulate some of my heroes, but I didn't know their