Subject: Re: netatalk and pkg/9948
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/12/2000 15:20:42
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> I was going to commit something like the following to pkg/INSTALL.
> Would this suffice?

It probably would suffice, but I'm not sure I like it. We don't install
files from examples into etc now, we let the admin set things up. I'm no
sure how much is turned on in the current example files, but I'd like the
admin to have to have looked at things before everything becomes live.

Also, you don't look for a config file in ${PKG_PREFIX}/etc before
installing sample config files. As the command syntax isn't changing with
this package change, a file in ${PKG_PREFIX}/etc is much more likely to be
the thing to install in ${ETCDIR} than a sample file. :-)

> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # $NetBSD$
>
> PKGNAME=$1
> STAGE=$2
>
> case ${STAGE} in
> PRE-INSTALL)
> 	;;
> POST-INSTALL)
> 	ETCDIR=/etc/netatalk
>
> 	mkdir -p ${ETCDIR}
>
> 	echo "Installing configuration files:"
> 	for file in \
> 		AppleVolumes.default \
> 		AppleVolumes.system \
> 		atalkd.conf \
> 		papd.conf
> 	do
> 		if [ ! -f ${ETCDIR}/${file} ]
> 		then
> 			echo "	${file}"
> 			cp ${PKG_PREFIX}/share/examples/netatalk/${file} \
> 				${ETCDIR}/${file}
> 			chmod 644 ${ETCDIR}/${file}
> 		fi
> 	done