Subject: Re: Communicator-4.73 widgets not displayed correctly
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2000 16:33:37
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

>G'day,
>
>this may be a stupid question... When running Netscape
>Communicator-4.73 in a 24bit colour environment it will display its
>widgets in two colours only - namely black and grey.
>
>Anyone else seeing this? It works ok on MS operating systems and hence
>appears to be a problem with the Linux version of the browser.

Yes, this is an old one.  There is a bug report on the Netscape web site
to the effect that the Linux version has this problem.  I get the same
problem with the BSDI version when I use 24-bit.  The bug report says to
use 16-bit or 32-bit and indeed this makes the problem go away.

BTW, can anyone confirm if any Netscape 4.73 versions work on NetBSD i386
-- Linux?  Solaris x86?

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |