Subject: Re: Package build box
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/06/2000 03:13:31
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Does anyone have a package build box?  With that I mean a machine
> that just sits and compiles packages all around the clock and takes
> notice of the status.

I have such a machine, sort of. It's also partly my pkg-development
machine, unfortunately. I'm still hoping to get a machine for bulk builds

> What I'd like is a web page that lists all packages and their current status.

If you want something in a state between heaven and earth, you can also
have a look at
This doesn't include my latest i386/al5_ALPHA build as i sweeped the
entries by accident (Did I mention the bulk machine's also my
development machine?).

> be easier for both the package maintainer and us package users if there
> was a simple web page overview of the current status.

... and enough time to fix things.

> If there is no such machine I could probably persuade (one of :) my employer
> to set one up.  It doesn't take much.  A cheap Pentium box and a 75G disk
> should be enough.

If you get us a nice fast(!) box, i'd be willing to set things up on it.
Contact me privately for more requirements (e.g. 75G disk is absolute
overkill :-)

 - Hubert

NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!