Subject: Package build box
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/06/2000 02:58:59
Does anyone have a package build box?  With that I mean a machine
that just sits and compiles packages all around the clock and takes
notice of the status.
What I'd like is a web page that lists all packages and their current status.
The status could be:
    Could not fetch distfile
    Bad checksum
    Cannot compile
    (uses the "unix" symbol?)
    Compiles OK

When I do my monthly (or so) package build there are always a number
of packages that suffer from one or other of these problems.  It would
be easier for both the package maintainer and us package users if there
was a simple web page overview of the current status.
I know we have the PR system, but I've gotten tired of filing a bunch of
PRs every time i try to compile my package collection.

If there is no such machine I could probably persuade (one of :) my employer
to set one up.  It doesn't take much.  A cheap Pentium box and a 75G disk
should be enough.

--

        -- Lennart